23 replies to this topic

#1 High Banks

High Banks

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

Anybody heard who is coming and what they are driving?

#2 Top Row Jim

Top Row Jim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

At the silver crown and midget show at Pikes Peak International oval in Colorado 2 weeks ago one of the s/c owners said they couldn't wait to get back on the dirt. They are looking forward to Belleville and expect several of the "parked" cars to return to action then. Jim Bredenberg
Midget racing is big time entertainment.

#3 pokieokie

pokieokie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

I think it's reasonable to expect a lot of the USAC drivers will double up....Coons, Jr,  Darland, Fike and several others in both cars.  Been a few years since I've seen the big cars run,  and I'm really looking forward to it.

#4 High Banks

High Banks

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

I have spoken to a lot of drivers and feel confident in a full field of midgets.

#5 racerfan32

racerfan32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

Who did you speak to I am curious?

#6 racerfan32

racerfan32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

Wait a minute. You post a topic 2 days ago wanting to know who is coming and then 48 hours later you said you have spoken to a lot of drivers. What????

#7 High Banks

High Banks

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

Yes I have spoken to "a lot of drivers" including Josh Pelkey, Danny Stratton, AJ Fike, Garret Hood, Dillon Welch, Davey Ray, Both Stasa brothers, Alex Bright, Miranda throckmorton, Brad Kuhn, Shane cockrum, Ronnie gardner, owner of abc motorsports, and a crew member of Keith kunz. Granted not all these people said they were coming and some where silver crown drivers but if you look at other drivers like Clauson, Hagen, Golobic, Ferns, Both Armstrong brothers, and Hines all have it on their schedule. Also if you figure in locals like Randy Boyer, Don Droud, and CJ Johnson then like I said I feel confident in a full field.

#8 High Banks

High Banks

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

Also Andrew Felker and Zach Daum have it on their schedule.

#9 racerfan32

racerfan32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

Did you speak to them or look up their schedules on their websites?

#10 High Banks

High Banks

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

I named off the people I spoke to.

#11 High Banks

High Banks

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

Anyways my point was has anyone else talked to drivers/ owners who said they are coming or not coming in a midget or champ car?

#12 wad28

wad28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

Hey racerfan32, if you have an issue with what he said you don't have to believe him!  I don't see what the big deal on how many cars are going anyway!? Yeah it would be nice to see 30+  cars, but i really doubt there will be that many!  Im going to drive 8hrs to have a good time and to see good fast racing!  i really dont think you will see an entry list this year because there is no entry fee to race like in years past.  So don't get your hopes up on a pre-entry list.  im going to predict 18-23 midgets, and 20-25 silver crown.

#13 High Banks

High Banks

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

Thank you wad28, I think we all want the best for the nationals and I believe this year is going to be a great show.

#14 apkid

apkid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

Hey racerfan32, if you have an issue with what he said you don't have to believe him!  I don't see what the big deal on how many cars are going anyway!? Yeah it would be nice to see 30+  cars, but i really doubt there will be that many!  Im going to drive 8hrs to have a good time and to see good fast racing!  i really dont think you will see an entry list this year because there is no entry fee to race like in years past.  So don't get your hopes up on a pre-entry list.  im going to predict 18-23 midgets, and 20-25 silver crown.

I would say 15-18 Midgets and about the same for the Silver Crown

#15 wad28

wad28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

I would say 15-18 Midgets and about the same for the Silver Crown

thats def. very possible, but would go no matter what to see some of the best midget drivers/silver crown drivers race!  I hope you and anyone else go for that very same reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users