• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hooligan29

Hooligan29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:43 AM

For what it is worth, I tried to time as many hot shots as I could Monday afternoon. I missed the AM session. My plane got in at noon.

The 2 hottest I got times on were Kruseman (11.6) and Larson (11.5) Both did it on a relatively fresh track; Kruseman (8th group out) and Larson (11th group) did his time while splitting 2 other cars in turns 3 and 4.

It is very hard to get anything out of the times because they watered the track after every group. Sometimes they watered high, sometimes low. I didn't catch anyone in the 11s after the first 10 groups or so. To show how bad it was, I a few laps by Sammy; the best was a 13.3 with no traffic at all. Loyet ran in the same group. I didn't get a time for him, but he was very racey in traffic the whole session.

Tony Stewarts car ran, but I don't think Tony was in it. If so, he was sitting on phone books. I think it was Clausen driving, but I'm not sure.

Steve Buckwalter ran a 12.12 in the 23rd group. Also in that group, one of the 67s (maybe Saldana) dusted off Dave Darland. I only recorded one other time in the 12s after that (a 12.75).

Others in the 11s include Dakota Armstrong, Ryan Smith, Matt Westfall
"It's NeverToo Late To Have A Happy Childhood"

#2 zcampbell13

zcampbell13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

According to Clauson Racing's Facebook page, BC shook down Smoke's car. Smoke arrives today for the Race of Champions. Kruseman was fast huh? Maybe he'll make a run at another Driller. Should be a heck of a Bowl though. Tons of talent, I figure there are at least 20 legitimate contenders this year...if not more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users