3 replies to this topic

#1 Top Row Jim

Top Row Jim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 06:41 PM

How many drivers from California won Belleville counting preliminary nights?
How many drivers from California won the Chili Bowl counting preliminary nights
How many were the same drivers to win both Belleville Championship race and Chili Bowl Final night?
List the the winners of both Championships.
Midget racing is big time entertainment.

#2 Top Row Jim

Top Row Jim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:27 PM

OK, no one has given an answer to this trivia quiz, so here is some really interesting info. First of all I have to confess I asked these questions not knowing the answers. I figured some one out there knew the answers. So I did some research to come up with the following information. 6 drivers from California won Mains in the Chili Bowl for a total of 17 victories counting preliminary races. They are Page Jones, Jason Leffler, Cory Kruseman, Jay Drake, Josh Ford, and Damion Gardner. 11 Drivers from California won Mains in Belleville for a total of 23 victories counting preliminary races. They are Sleepy Tripp, Robbie Flock, Tommy White, Chuck Gurney, Jeff Gordon (see below), Page Jones, Jay Drake, Jason Leffler, Ricky Shelton, Josh Wise, and Brad Sweet. No driver from California has won both the Chili Bowl Championship night and the Belleville championship night. However you will notice that Page Jones, Leffler, and Drake have won at both events.
Now a few notes and disclaimers. For some reason I could not find in the records who won the prlim for the 1990 Chili Bowl , so that could change some stats. Also notice I counted Jeff Gordon as a Californian although he was living in Indiana at the time of his Belleville victory. That could go either way. On the Chili Bowl web sight they list Donnie Beechler's home state as California, but I didn't count that since he is from Illinois. He was driving a Zarounian car from California and I think that is how they got that info. Any way, this was just for fun. If anyone has problems with my math or statements, feel free to comment, and correct me. It was fun looking up this info and you can see the above listed names are some of the real greats in midget racing in the last 30 years!! Jim

#3 Top Row Jim

Top Row Jim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:56 PM

Since I had all the records in front of me, it appears the only two drivers to win both the Chili Bowl Championship race and the Belleville Championship race are McSpadden and Boat. Both from the state of Arizona!!! Two guys who came real close are Heydenrich who finished second at Belleville and Jay Drake who should have won Belleville about three times. Jim

#4 Top Row Jim

Top Row Jim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:12 PM

I'm bringing this back up to the top from last year. I think the info is still pretty accurate. Jerry Coons won the Friday night feature in 2009 and Sammy Swindell won the feature night. The other prelim winners were from Indiana. Jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users