Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Alex Pruett

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Guest_Speedy_*

Guest_Speedy_*
  • Guests
For those of you unfamiliar with the situation, Alex Pruett died this morning. Tests are being done to find out more details of his death.

I just wanted to let everyone know. I got a call from a friend of Alex on Alex's phone, informing me of his death.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Alex's family and the racing communituy.

Rest in Peace Alex...

-this was found as a post on Myspace.

corsonracing15

corsonracing15

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Rest in peace Alex.

Please do not post anything about Alex's reason as to his passing. According to his Dad this afternoon, it was a personal illness Alex was fighting. When the family wishes to disclose as of why....they will.

Let's pray for him and his family.

June Hercog (Corson)
and family.

Race Fan

Race Fan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
from Alex's father,

Alex passed in his sleep at our house in Arizona. In May Alex was treated for diabetic shock but showed no signs of further issues. We do not know the cause yet, but feel it could be related. Please do not speculate as he was with us in our care for the past 48 hours.

Alex loved a lot of you and counts many firends in Indiana. Please honor his memory as a wonderful young man with a big heart.

Thanks to all of you who have called with your thoughts and prayers

Steven Pruett

PurduePitCrew15

PurduePitCrew15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Alex's family.

I knew Alex very well and I will miss him dearly. Please let me know when the arrangements will be made in Arizona, I would like to come.

Rest In Peace Alex, we will all miss you dearly.
In Loving Memory of Bob Corson & Alex Pruett
" Til The Wheels Fall Off "

4mdgts

4mdgts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Wow, what a great kid and what terrible news!

[attachmentid=1276]
Alex Pruett (Phil Rider Photo)

Alex will truly be missed by many... especially at the drivers meetings. I mean who will explain to the drivers how to line up for the 4-wide salute now?

What a great guy to talk to, a very talented driver and he had a promising future ahead of him with his TV show and racing. Alex had the kind of personality that we need more of in open wheel racing, someone with some character. Someone who truly enjoyed what he did and enjoyed being around people. He enjoyed entertaining the people he was around, whether it was in the car, in the pits, in front of the grandstands or in the drivers meeting.

Alex will definately be missed by everyone at UMARA.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Alex and his family and friends.

Bill Freis
UMARA PR

Attached Files

corsonracing15

corsonracing15

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Sharing a photo of Alex racing our car at the Chili Bowl...

[attachmentid=1277]

Attached Files

Marty Boyer

Marty Boyer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11773 posts
I'm very sorry and shocked to here this news. My thoughts and prayers are with the Pruett Family at this difficult time.

IRS Agent

IRS Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
In all the years Sue and I have worked the back gate, we have never met such a pleasant personality. He would stop and chat until Danny would finally drag him away.

The trophy in the photo below was on display at the registration table erlier this night. Alex said he thought it was "cool" and would have to just go out and win it...and he did.

[attachmentid=1283]
This Phil Rider photos shows Alex with flagman Danny Carter at Morris.

On behalf of everyone involved with the Illini Racing Series, we would like to extend our deepest sympathy to Alex's family and friends. We all share a very deep sense of loss with you.

That smile will live forever.

plgray

plgray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
This has been a sad day indeed.

The photos that have been posted here are great to see! May I encourage others that have images of Alex and his racing career to please post them.

Thanks Much , and May God Bless ALEX PRUETT

Paul Gray # 28 (x)

dirtywhiteboy

dirtywhiteboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
This is the saddest news I have heard all year. I never had the pleasure of meeting Alex but my friends who knew him have said some very nice things about the young man.

My prayers go to his family and friends during this time of sorrow and grief.

Rest in peace Alex, you are now in a place we all hope to be in one day. How fragile life is.

I love it, God help me I do love it so. I love it more than my life.

John P Huss

John P Huss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1379 posts
QUOTE(dirtywhiteboy @ Sep 23 2007, 09:31 PM) View Post

This is the saddest news I have heard all year. I never had the pleasure of meeting Alex but my friends who knew him have said some very nice things about the young man.

My prayers go to his family and friends during this time of sorrow and grief.

Rest in peace Alex, you are now in a place we all hope to be in one day. How fragile life is.

My thoughts & prayers are with Alex's family. Rest in peace buddy.
Best Regards,
John

4mdgts

4mdgts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
[attachmentid=1287]

I took this shot of Alex at Madison International Speedway back on July 28 as he was waiting to go out for hot laps for the USAC/UMARA show there.

Attached Files

Magnum

Magnum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
I am shocked and saddened. My thoughts and prayers are with the Pruett family. I love the picture posted above of Alex and Danny.

Gromy82

Gromy82

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
This is not the type of news I wanted to hear after returning from my honeymoon. Alex was a very talented racer. He always ran up front when I saw him. I would consider the "class clown" of our UMARA shows, as he was always the punchlines of jokes and giving the flag man a hard time. He even directed us as to how to do a 4 wide parade lap!! He was a midget racing rockstar with his always up to date fasions. Alex you will be mised my brother. God Speed.

Nick Grommes #82 UMARA Sportsman
Wholesale Tire
Beatty Motorsports

motherhen

motherhen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Klaus and I would like to express our sympathy to his family with Alex's passing. We always remembered how happy he was and if you asked how he was doing he would always say AWESOME.

AWESOME always was happy and when we told him we were moving to Phoenix his respond of course was THAT'S AWESOME.

We will me you.
sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users