8 replies to this topic

#1 ephatch02

ephatch02

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:31 PM

Does anyone know who would have any photos of Jerry Blundy, I would like to find something that I could frame in a 8 x 10.

Thanks

#2 IRS Agent

IRS Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:26 PM

ephatch02,
Your post made me think about other posts like yours. It might help if we all knew what years and at what tracks the cars and/or drivers we are looking for raced.

#3 Frankie

Frankie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 12:35 AM

Hey ephatch02,

You might check out the website www.racingfromthepast.com, they have several areas to look at. It's one of those websites that three hours will just fly right be if your not careful. They mostly have Midwestern sprint cars, modifieds and late models posted. I'm sure a photo of Jerry would be there. Check with their webmaster, he is a super nice guy, he might be able to expedite you search.
- Frankie -

#4 ephatch02

ephatch02

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE(IRS Agent @ Feb 5 2007, 12:26 AM) View Post

ephatch02,
Your post made me think about other posts like yours. It might help if we all knew what years and at what tracks the cars and/or drivers we are looking for raced.

It would be late 50's and early 60's sprint cars, he raced all across the country.

#5 PatOConnorFan

PatOConnorFan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 06:49 PM

In the mid 60s thru late 60s, Jerry ran mostly IMCA. I also saw him many times at Lincoln, IL driving a "super-modified" (I think it was number 117) owned by an explosives expert named Ellis.

#6 ephatch02

ephatch02

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 12:33 PM

It is amazing how sharp his mind still is, he is living in Galesburg Il at I believe at Seminary Manor. A friend of mine brought him to our saturday morning breakfast last week. He was telling stories about the races he ran and all the drivers he raced with. He has a hard time getting around though. I wanted to find a old photo of him to have him sign and hang it up in my hobby room with all my other racing items.

#7 Red hat

Red hat

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:42 AM

They got a 8 x 10 pic of Jerry and Arnie Knepper up on ebay, I think they want $10.00 buck for it.

Wally McDuffey

By the way we have his old open trailor that we got fron Jeff fletcher that we used to tow our midget with.

#8 SJFast

SJFast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:00 PM

Here's a Jerry Blundy photo.

Attached Files

#9 jimb

jimb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE(ephatch02 @ Feb 4 2007, 07:31 PM) View Post

Does anyone know who would have any photos of Jerry Blundy, I would like to find something that I could frame in a 8 x 10.

Thanks

go to vintageracingphotos.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users