Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Badger Drivers Make An Impression!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Prairie Dog

Prairie Dog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
angell park speedway

Dan Thyfault

Dan Thyfault

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
You know, it's funny that someone mentioned this. Last night my brother, Tyler, and I got to see the World of Outlaws for the first time. I have to say it is pretty amazing to watch those guys go around a track. What's funny, though, is Tyler and I were talking about this very subject on the way home. We were really surprised at how unfriendly the WoO drivers are. I got autographs from Kinser, Swindell, and Lasoski. The only one to respond to my Thank You was Lasoski. The majority of the drivers just don't seem to be very fan friendly. It was really kind of irritating. Then Tyler and I started talking about how friendly the USAC guys are. It's night and day! The USAC guys go out of their way to make their fans happy, and take time to show their appreciation to their fans. Yet, these USAC guys make not even half of what a WoO driver makes. With that said, I want to say thank you to all of the USAC drivers for their generosity and appreciation towards the fans.

Rookie

Rookie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

It's night and day! The USAC guys go out of their way to make their fans happy, and take time to show their appreciation to their fans.

I just want to add to this a little bit . Its MARA ; RMMRA, BMARA, SSMA, ARDC, NAMARS, AND All the midget drivers and Sprint car drivers that are friendly and will take the time to talk to you and give you an autograph ,NOT just USAC drivers .

All the World of Outlaw drivers are not bad , I do know some that will take the time to talk to you and are happy to give you an autograph.

larryoracing

larryoracing

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1495 posts
:P Although, you might think it's your God given right to get respect from the best drivers in the World, it's just not possible. You are lucky if things go your way and if not, you just hope the next time it get's better. People are human beings and they are not always happy or on their best behavior. But I bet if the Winner of a show is happy, when he looses a race, he might not be too Respectful. I would expect Lasoski to be happy after he just won a 125,000 dollars.
I would not be to surprized if the rest of the WoO were not to happy.
Just be grateful you can go into the pits and get the opportunity to see these drivers. I think in Nascar you seldom get to go into the garages and see the drivers working on their cars.
We are Lucky in Sprints and Indy, and many local shows, you can get into the pits and meet the drivers and see them work on their cars.
Me personally I never go into the pits before the race. Most drivers are worried about their cars and you are just bothering them. After the race most drivers are pretty nice and in this little organization I raced with/TQ's they expected you and wanted you to be as friendly as possible to the fans.

Larry "O"

a1wifan

a1wifan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Ron,
This article is indicative of BMARA over the last 25 years. I can only remember a handful of drivers who were not friendly towards the fans. APS and BMARA have a great following, almost as dedicated as packer fans. It has been proven over and over that the drivers and owners in BMARA are some of the best in the worldboth at APS and away from APS. Any driver who has moved on to the big time has come through Sun Prairie. Most of those drivers will admit APS is one of the toughest places to win because of the competition.

mickey12

mickey12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
After seeing this post I had to reply. I too was at the Outlaw event on Tuesday night. I would have to say that night the outlaws were ALL a little unconversational, but I think I have an idea why. They raced Saturday night in Knoxville. Traveled all Sunday to get to Jetmore, KS for a Monday night show. Then traveled another 6 hours to race in Colorado on Tuesday. I'm not sticking up for them at all, but that could have been some of what is happening to these guys. FATIGUE...

I congratulated Danny on his Knoxville win and I got NO response at all. But I will tell you, he looked like he could fall over and go to sleep at any minute. I'm not saying it is an excuse. They are paid to perform and entertain, which they did, just not very well. Only my thoughts on the situation.

When we left the pits my kids did have smiles from ear to ear, signed tires and I guess that is what really counts..
24 Fan

Guest_Tyler Thyfault_*

Guest_Tyler Thyfault_*
  • Guests
While that is true that they've had a real long week, you don't have to act like you're ######ed off to be there. That's the impression I got from all of the drivers I met. When we'd say thank you or good race, we'd get no reply. And honestly I looked at all the autographs those guys were signing, and I would probably get sick of it too but heck, I'd give ANYTIHNG to be in their position, and whether I was tired or not, I wouldn't be so rude to the fans who are the reason for them being where they are at.

The other point I wanted to make was when the USAC drivers used to (before this year) fly from Indiana SprintWeek to Lincoln, back to Indy for the IRP race, and back to Belleville the next two nights in about a week and a half span, you wouldn't ever be treated wrongly by one of those drivers. They would always be friendly, thank you, takl with you, whatever you wanted. The funny thing is, they're not getting the purses paid to them like the Outlaws, sounds like greed to me. I guess I personally felt ripped off to pay $30 and watch a fun race (only cause of the speeds) and then go into the pits and be treated like I was nothing to them. Just my feelings on the Outlaws vs. USAC.

Guest_Tyler Thyfault_*

Guest_Tyler Thyfault_*
  • Guests
One other thing, what Aaron Fike, Scott Hatton, and Dan Boorse all did were amazing things to do I think. You have to appreciate people like that who care for the less-fortunate and all the others who come out to watch them.

Dan Thyfault

Dan Thyfault

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
I am sorry for not mentioning the other sanctions and midget drivers. Rookie, you are right in that all those other clubs and drivers have good reputations too. Also, I know that there are good guys out there on the WoO, and they deserve credit too. However, Kinser, Lasoski, and Swindell are the ambassadors of their sport, and I think they hold a certain standard. Whether they like it or not, they are entertainers, and have a responsibility. There is no reason for them to be rude to the paying fans.

As for the comments larryo made, don't give me this crap about God given respect that the fans should have. I don't think any fan is looking for any driver to treat them like a king. However, it is the fan that pays the $30 a race to see them, which in turn pays them the money for racing. So I think the drivers do owe the fans a little appreciation. We are the reason that they can do what they do. I think the fans are just looking for a little friendliness, that's all.

Bmara#29

Bmara#29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I also have been very dissapointed by Woo.Tried talking to a few drivers. I run with Badger & a few times a year with MARA , We are in our second year. And most of the teams & drivers have been a great help to us. And all I can say is that no matter how bad a night we have ( and we've had some real bad ones ) The Fans Make it all worth wild, The kids faces when they get in the pits , the stories from the parents, some nights thats all that keeps us low budget teams going!!!

93pitcrew

93pitcrew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
AMEN TO THAT, PAT!

a1wifan

a1wifan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
kelly you should keep all of the religous inferences to yourself. Do not push them on the rest of the readers.

RyanLitt_07

RyanLitt_07

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
I think one reason why the WoO drivers are the way they are is because like someone said, there probably sick of travelling and sick of talking to people. I can see it from both point of views. In one hand they should be nice to the fans, but think about it, how would you like to have no sleep, probably be starving hungry, just want to get out of the track to shower and eat,,plus haveing a bad night, then you get swarmed with fans wanting you to sign your name on something. Its not always fun being a star you know.
But from a fans perspective they think the big name drivers should hold their value by greeting all the fans and talking with them and signing autographs. Which is MOST cases they should.
I have only been to 2 WoO races both at Lowe's and the only drivers they I didn't really think were too friendly were, Sammy Swindell, and Stevey Smith. Kraig and Steve Kinser were more then firnedly to me, Danny Lasoski was friendly as was Ron Hornaday who was standing beside Danny, he is actually the one that got me Dannys autograph, because there was a big line and I went up to talk to Ron then he just handed the book to Danny to sign, which I thought was pretty cool.
But the big name USAC guys are a lot more friendly and easy to talk to.
JJ Yeley, Tracy Hines, Jay Drake, and Bud Kaeding are really easy to talk to and nice guys.
So is Kasey Kahne but he isn't really a USAC guy anymore, hes more known as a BUSCH guy.
Please Visit,
www.ryanlitt.com

93pitcrew

93pitcrew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
A1 - I'm not Kelly - I'm Ang

a1wifan

a1wifan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Sorry ang...sounded like Kelly....sort of look like him too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users