Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

USAC schedules agianst Bellville

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

indystar

indystar

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Seems the new man in charge at USAC has scheduled a sprint car race about 150 miles from Bellville on Friday night. Wonder how this will split the crowd? Wonder what this will do for the car count? My original plan was Bellville, but, with a car count that was already low ?

putzzz

putzzz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Seems the new man in charge at USAC has scheduled a sprint car race about 150 miles from Bellville on Friday night. Wonder how this will split the crowd? Wonder what this will do for the car count? My original plan was Bellville, but, with a car count that was already low ?

USAC just keeps proving why people are more and more frustrated with them. when they were in charge of the races at Belleville they began scheduling races against the nationals and it had become very evident that many decisions during races were being made in favor of their main drivers. Belleville people finally got tired of it and decided to do something different. if this ends up killing the nationals, Belleville can still fill the seats during the NCK free fair with a 2 or 3 day race show, they have for the last 100 years.

leftrear

leftrear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
I don't see it on the usac website, just knoxville august 7th.

putzzz

putzzz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
the Eagle Raceway has announced it as of a few days ago

pokieokie

pokieokie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

the Eagle Raceway has announced it as of a few days ago

I haven't checked it yet, but considering the relationship between Eagle and Belleville, it wouldn't surprise me at all. Certain people have been trying to kill (or move) the Midget Nationals for quite some time. I hope it isn't true. I honestly believe Belleville could survive without the big dogs of USAC if all the other groups supported it. It might even be a more competitive show.

Dwight Shroot

Dwight Shroot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Much like when USAC scheduled a race at Lawernceburg the same day as the Tony Bettenhausen 100 a couple years ago.

USAC just doesn't care about anyone but themselves and their chosen drivers. Instead of Kevin building USAC back into some kind of organization with credibility, he is building it as a series that thinks it's King of racing when it's really a King Nothing.
If I had wanted your opinion I would have tortured and interrogated you to get it. Did I do that to you?

larryo

larryo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1419 posts
I was wondering if anybody had a clue as to who (drivers) are likely candiates to attend the Belleville Nationals?

I was looking at the USAC Website and they seemed to have listed drivers competing in the sprints and in the midgets for 2010 only. It might be mistake? I didn't see the drivers for 2011.

But for 2010 I like the drivers for the USAC midgets more than the drivers competing in than the USAC Sprints.

If 2011 holds true/the same as 2010 I would be hoping, since a USAC National Midget Race is not scheduled against the Belleville Nationals, all the drivers competing in the USAC Midgets only would attend the 2011 Belleville National Race.

For me I would rather see the drivers competing for 2010 in the USAC midgets competing at the 2011 Belleville Nationals.

I just like the USAC Midget Drivers in 2010 than the drivers listed in the 2010 USAC Sprints.

Sincerely,

Larry Otani...I would still go to Belleville Nationals over a USAC Sprint Race if the drivers were the old guys that have really built midget racing, rather than some other drivers that have not payed thier dues as much in my opinion and God Bless you all!

indystar

indystar

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
USAC only has a small sampling of owner/drivers that compete the entire season, this years as any other there will be around 15 cars chasing sprint pts. and about 8 chasing midget pts. By the time August rolls around 50% of those have fallen out of contetion for pts. title and they start staying close to home. Bellville will lose 3 of the following (jmo), Hines, Clauson, East, Coons, Darland(does he even have a midget ride?), well now I'm stumped, what else does the USAC midget series have? There is the 11 car of Wilke, the 67 or 71 of Kunz, Haggan in the Fike ride, someone help me there has to be more USAC regulars that I'm drawing a blank on?

Bottom line though is Bellville can not afford to lose any cars!
Will there be any local support for the sprint race, there will only be around 8 USAC regulars there (anyone that wants to argue that just cut and paiste this comment and wait till Eagle).
Haven't missed Bellville the last 11 yrs. but looks as if I might take the grand kids fishing this year instead of going to either "watered down event".

racer35k

racer35k

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
does this really suprise anyone?

pokieokie

pokieokie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
In the latest Sprint Car & Midget magazine, Keith Kunz states that his cars will be at Belleville whether it's a USAC show or not, simply because it's Belleville. It's one of the shows he wants to win....every year if he can. Where's the little icon to "LIKE"?

Vukie

Vukie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
The Eagle race is not on the USAC schedule.
http://www.usacracin...ndex/schedule_s

putzzz

putzzz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

The Eagle race is not on the USAC schedule.
http://www.usacracin...ndex/schedule_s

then the Eagle Raceway's website is lying. they put out a press release about 3 weeks ago.

larryo

larryo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1419 posts
I'm hoping in 2-3 weeks I will schedule my trip to Belleville. I finally did my income tax return and I will get a small fortune back. So, I will have tons of money for Belleville...lol!

But, I was wondering. Does Belleville have a "winner contingency" where past winners automatically get to run the race if they do not qualify. For instance if they did not show up until saturday, if they are a past winner they start at the rear on Saturday?. Kind of like at the Chillibowl?

I have to admit, when somebody said Kieth Kunz cars will be there no matter what I was sold. Because I really
wanted to see Kyle win the race. Kyle is from California...lol and I just want him to do well. Do I know Kyle...???, nope, but that is my thinking anyways.

I personally will stay in a hotel/motel...from the information from one of the midget posters and thankyou very much. I hear you might get a few bugs in Belleville? Is that true? Just want to be prepared.

I'm hoping Belleville will be a success, but even if it is not I know I will have a great time. I just want to go even if nobody showed up.

Sincerely,

Larry Otani and God Bless.

P.S. I would love it if we brought a few cars, but I got a feeling my buddy would tell me.."are you crazy" and I would say "no". If I had to pitch in a few bucks I would help our team go, but I know it not on anybodys mind except mine...lol!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users