Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help with identification

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Kit Henry

Kit Henry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I just got this midget that was a barn find that I have been watching for 10 years. The owner believed it to be a kurtis kraft (wishful thinking I believe) and now I am in the process of getting it running before I go any further.

I found the following on the RR frame :

227-T14

20-234 A

No 2 of 2

The motor is a 4 cylinder Ensign ?  he believed, with down draft su carbs. Very similar to an old triumph motor. It is electric start with a transmisson.

Unique feature that may help with identification is that the throttle pedal is to the inside of the brake pedal against the center shroud/driveshaft cover, clutch pedal to the left.

It has independent rear suspension with a full cross over spring

the front is also the transverse spring across.

The car was purchased from the Florida area, and was a light/baby blue when purcahsed. 

It does have a bolt on Roll bar, single rear hoop

Attached Files

spanky

spanky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello. IAm also looking for an identification tag to my fathers Kurtis Kraft midget race car. Can anyone please tell me where to find this id tag #? We have checked around the dash area and on the chassis. Beginning to believe it is a replica? Thank you in advance for any help to find this illusive id tag?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users