Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Banned Midget Race Car

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

moe

moe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
hello i have the bob lockard red badger1#69 jim mcclean drove it most at joliet il. i have watched this car win many races. most people think of johnny parsons driving it . the car came out in 1975 it changed hands to bob tezack then to james eyman then to me. its been sitting in my barn for years. its still all together with a cheveyll still in it. if enyone has photos or video,ect on this car please contact me thanks tom.

zipidachimp

zipidachimp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
it was the munchkin for sure. cool looking car and fast!

michael225q

michael225q

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
There was a V8 Suzuki that Mel Kenyon had that got banned also. It went out east and it was going to Australia after that, not sure if it did or not.

DocF

DocF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

There was a V8 Suzuki that Mel Kenyon had that got banned also. It went out east and it was going to Australia after that, not sure if it did or not.

Mel and Don got together with Ron Hoettels and tested the Sesco Suzuki engine. The car ran with a provisional status with USAC. I believe the engine was both too bulky and too heavy to be a success. It was assuredly more expensive than the engines running at that time which is why it was banned by the Auto Club.

A guy who ran TQs with the club in the St. Louis area had this car and ran it some in his neck of the woods. I do not think he did much with it. It did end up in the East as we ran into it many years ago when ARDC ran a show at Southside Speedway near Richmond, VA. It may well have gone out of the country as it just sort of disappeared.

Doc

EddieG41

EddieG41

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
along with the Badger chassis, Donny Jones' little black #51 [I think] roadster was banned. He was usually very fast but had terrible luck. He was an excellent driver and should have won many features.

Mitch G

Mitch G

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
A cool discussion about "Banned" midgets, here.
http://www.autoracin...read.php?t=1163

larryo

larryo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1419 posts
Cool discussion. Thanks for sharing it.

Larry "O"

wobbler

wobbler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

The V8 Suzuki motored car that you talk of is here in Australia and has been for a number of years now. Is located in Brisbane and comes out every now again during vintage demonstration races. Mel Kenyon has also come to Australia a few times in recent years to drive at a large annual vintage event.

DocF

DocF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
From Don Edmunds' website: Don Edmunds independent roadster

Even with insiders Edmunds and Howard Linne behind it, this car was effectively banned.

Doc

DocF

DocF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

along with the Badger chassis, Donny Jones' little black #51 [I think] roadster was banned. He was usually very fast but had terrible luck. He was an excellent driver and should have won many features.

Oh my, that was a little skyrocket, all right. He could and would flat foot Berlin Raceway with smoke coming off all the tires when it didn't handle. Was not his brother involved with the Jack Zink cars?

Doc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users