Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chili Bowl Rumor Tidbits

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

cbowl2

cbowl2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

I thought I would post some tidbits that I have seen or heard about this year's chili bowl.  Anyone else feel free to chime in on other tidbits that we may not know.

1.  Yeley will be debuting a new Millennium Chassis with Toyota power this year. 

2.  Oklahoma University is behind a 2 car team in this years bowl.  Layne Himebaugh, and AJ Burns will be driving the cars.

3.  Cole Wood Racing is fielding a 3 car team.  Wood will drive one, and fellow Cali drivers Dominic Scelzi, and Chase Johnson will wheel the other 2.  Scelzi is

The son of former drag car driver Gary Scelzi, and is making some noise in the sprint car world as a young driver in Cali.  Should be a good one to watch.

4.  Local Racer Jeffrey Newell will be wheeling a Daum motorsports midget. 

5.  Chris Stockham will be in a National Parts Peddler sponsored Zero Motorsports car.

6.  Pittman will run the Bowl before heading over to Australia.

7.  Rumor is Beast is building a special tribute car for Leffler. 

8.  Rumor also has it that Stenhouse jr will be back at the bowl this year. 

9.  The Kenny Brown Racing camp will consist of drivers Austin Brown, Joey Moughan, Seth Motsinger, and Brandon Hahn.

That's all I got for now. 

CYE84

CYE84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1169 posts
Only tidbit I have is that Toad will be at The Chili Bowl this year...
I believe he is a full time employee of the Kenny Brown Racing Camp...

Top Row Rowdie

cbowl2

cbowl2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

That is a fact.  I talked to him today to confirm. 

cbowl2

cbowl2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Another one.

1.  Local Micro shoes Chris Andrews and Jason McDougal will be racing.  Andrews had a good showing in his first midget race at I-44 this summer in Felker's team car.  I'm not sure if he is running the same car or not, but he will be one to keep an eye one.

Sooner Dust

Sooner Dust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

I heard that Stiffler was planning to stalk Larson and possibly kidnap his little ######.  I bet the Japanese government would pay top $$ to get him back home.

spike71r

spike71r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

GrubWorm is such a hater! He has been up Yeley's ###### since he was running for Steve Lewis!

The Texan

The Texan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Not sure how true it is, but someone posted on Twitter that the reason Larson did not run Turkey Night was because his NASCAR contract will only allow him to run Chevy and Kunz cars are Toyota.  Again, I don't even know if this is true or not, but I sure guess it could be. 

Sooner Dust

Sooner Dust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Not sure how true it is, but someone posted on Twitter that the reason Larson did not run Turkey Night was because his NASCAR contract will only allow him to run Chevy and Kunz cars are Toyota.  Again, I don't even know if this is true or not, but I sure guess it could be. 

I hope that isn't the case Texan.  I sure hope he can take another run at the Swindell's.  #Swinning

Sooner Dust

Sooner Dust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

GrubWorm is such a hater! He has been up Yeley's ###### since he was running for Steve Lewis!

I do love me some Yeley!  He is still my #1....

CYE84

CYE84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1169 posts
Me too D, he has done a bunch of testing this year...

Top Row Rowdie

Sooner Dust

Sooner Dust

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Me too D, he has done a bunch of testing this year...

Let's hope it pays off and he runs up front all week.  I will be a happy (and extremely intoxicated) camper if he has something for them this year.

DICK DRAGON

DICK DRAGON

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Billy Pauch Jr, Chris Coker & Justin Allgaier will not be racing this year.

cbowl2

cbowl2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Is Allgaier's reason Nascar related?

cbowl2

cbowl2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Another Tidbit....

Brad Kuhn said on twitter that the Chili bowl will be his last race, and that he is retiring from racing.  Hate to hear that.

John P Huss

John P Huss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1402 posts
Cbowl 2- That is correct. Brad Kuhn's last race.
Best Regards,
John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users