Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2.4 midget engine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

John Bakken

John Bakken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I want to run a Dodge 2.4 in my midget. The question I have is how to make the engine run after it has been removed from the vehicle it was in. I have always had a engine that used a magneto and mechanical fuel injection and pumps that ran off the crankshaft and camshaft. So beside a battery how do you make the engine run off the stock fuel injection. And how do you run wiring to a kill switch to shut the engine off. I would eventually like to see if I could get a mechanical fuel injector for this engine. And I would also like to convert the engine to dry sump. And try to use a barnes 3 stage oil pump with  a hilborn fuel pump and kse power steering pump running off a belt like I had on my Arias. Any ideas I'm new to this distributor less ignition system.    

zerohunger

zerohunger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

John: I assume you are talking about the later model Dodge dual overhead cam 4 valve motor not the earlier single overhead cam motor. There are two or three options on the ignition. First is the AEM type addon computer which uses the factory coil on plugs and factory ECU. The addon allows you to reprogram the fuel map in the factory ECU. The second option is the Electromotive Tec3 sysyem which has a complete stand alone system from crank trigger to computer. The third system is similar to the Tec3 but my another manufacturer. the 2.4 Liter Midget FB page has more details. I have Hondas in my midgets & most of the Illini series is using Ecotecs. Your Dodge is very similar to the EcoTec.

rocketman48m

rocketman48m

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
If you are still interested in this contact McGEE Racing Cams on Facebook or call (417) 876-5750. They currently build and run a 2.4 Chrysler World Engine. They can help you with out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users