Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Indoor Midget Races

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

YankeeRacer

YankeeRacer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Hey all.

Dec 22, 2008 - Midgets ran indoors at the Kemper Arena in Kansas City, MO. The event was won by Bryan Clauson.

Locally some good news on the racing front: (Albeit off-topic as its not full midgets)

Providence, RI hosted indoor racing on March 6-7 this year for 2 nights at the Dunkin' Donuts Center. smile.gif The first indoor racing in 50 years in Providence since Jerry Wall won an ATQMRA race in April 1959. Mike Iles and Ted Christopher were the winners in the TQ Midgets. Chris Daley swept the Champ Kart features.

Some more information on a track listed above:
The predecessor of "The Dunk", the Providence Arena was better known in these parts as the Rhode Island Auditorium. Today it is a hospital parking lot, but you can see the outline of the arena in the aerial view.

However, I do not have much information on the Ponta Delgada indoor race. I know they ran around a soccer field in N. Tiverton, RI outdoors. I don't know where the indoor track was in relation to the other Ponta Delgada facility. Any information on either of these facilities would be appreciated.

-Nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users