Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

R.I.P. Danny Lockard

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

usac midget

usac midget

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
Midget racing and openwheel racing in general lost another great one yesterday. Known most for their innovative designs and the lengendary Lockard Badger, Danny and his father Bob won countless races and championships around the Midwest.

I thank him most for the time he had given me over the past few years since my dad had passed. His wealth of knowledge and patience he showed will explaining answers to any questions I had, will forever be my fondest memory.

RIP Danny

Jimmy Anderson

4mdgts

4mdgts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Sincere condolences from everyone at UMARA to the Lockard family on their loss.

usac midget

usac midget

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
Last I heard,

Visitation will be Monday 3pm-8pm at Kurtz Funeral Home in New Lenox Illinois

racer35k

racer35k

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
wow; what a shock. remember many an afternoon spent at the lockhard house as a kid, and playing in the yard as well as the junkyard, while dad and bob worked on bob's sprint car that dad drove on occasion. condolences to all friends and family.racing in general lost a true friend. the kneppers; art, jen, reed and wanda.

Tom Arthur

Tom Arthur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
On behalf of the Illini Racing Series, and the Mazon Speed Bowl & Grundy County Hall of Fame, I would like to extend our deepest sympathies to Danny's family and friends. We were so fortunate to have him share his fabulous collection of photographs at several of the recent Racers' reunions.

Below is a picture of Danny showing his collection to fellow Hall of Famer Tom Reel.
[attachmentid=1429]

Attached Files

GREENFLAG

GREENFLAG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Sincere condolences from the Carter Family to the Lockard Family on their loss. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you at this sad time.

Danny Carter and Family

Tom Arthur

Tom Arthur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
Anyone planning on attending Danny's services, who is coming from the north, you can now take I-355 to Rt. 6. Cedar Road is just to the east of the exit. Go south about one mile to Francis Road. Kurtz Memorial Chapel is on the Southeast corner.

flappyjay

flappyjay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Wow! I googled my grandfathers name and didn't expect to see this at all; my grandfather was Danny, truly a wonderful man and I wish I was around in his prime to see what he did. The stories themselves were wonderful and it's so nice to see that there's a thread for my grandfathers. And to see a picture of him! Also, apologizes for bumping a seven year old thread! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users