Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Midgets On Ps2!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Midget2154

Midget2154

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
Ok, so I was applying for jobs at a local mall ....... Happened to check out some video games, seeing as I just acquired a Blue Thunder NASCAR DE Jr. steering wheel for my PS2 gaming console ... I was looking for a used NASCAR game or something to have some fun since I cannot race Midgets with a bum arm ...

I almost sh*t when I saw a game by Atari/Ratbag .... "SATURDAY NIGHT SPEEDWAY" ... This game features MIDGETS!!! Ok, it has Street stocks and Late Models ...

It's AWESOME!!! It features setup options (gear, shocks, springs, weight, stagger) but not as detailed as I'd like, but no big issue, it's still AWESOME!!!

It features Silver Dollar Speedway in Chico, CA, Huset's, Terre Haute, Eldora, Las Vegas 1/2-mile, Lowe's dirttrack, and quite a few others.

I was pretty surprised, but it's going to be hard to get anything done now with this Midget racing game on my PS2 ...

Saturday Night Speedway by Atari/Ratbag ...

PS2: http://www.atari.com..._s/playstation2

PC-CD-ROM: http://www.atari.com...rday_night_s/pc

HWORRELL

HWORRELL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
Me and the kid got that game shortly after the Chili Bowl, I LIKE IT !!! and I'm happy too say it's one of the few games I can wup him on,cuzz I won't tell him the setups (LOL)

daubie

daubie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
I bought that game when it came out., It is a continuation of the World of Outlaws PS2 and PC Games. I too really like the game. I have seen it on the "cheap" rack at Wal-Mart for $14.99. If you like racing games it is a good pickup.

Oh and if you ever wanted to run a midget on a figure 8 track...you can in the game.

Baue

Baue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
Brent Berry and I would play that game until all hours of the morning last year and I still couldn't beat him. I suck at it, but it is fun. I love how the nose comes up under acceleration. The sounds are pretty right on.

tsguido

tsguido

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
I totally agree. It's a very good game and for the money, you can't beat it! It was only $19.99 when it first came out. I don't have much time to play video games, but it's fun. I've purchased all the dirt track games that Ratbag has done. They're all pretty good, in my opinion. I kind of wish that they were more detailed, but it's a good time. Dirt Track Racing (cpu), Dirt Track Racing Sprint Cars (cpu) , Dirt Track Racing 2 (cpu), World of Outlaws (PS2), and Saturday Night Speedway (PS2) are all worth the price!

It's too bad that you didn't notice this game sooner. It's been out for quite awhile!

evile

evile

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
I played the demo when it first came out and I hated it. Also, I was mad at Ratbag because they have dumbed their games. Someone needs to make a real dirt track simulation.

However, I saw the game last week and almost bought. Unfortunately, the price tag was still at the original retail price of $19.99. I'd rather go to the races than buy a watered down racing game.

Fortunately, after reading this post I decided to buy it anyway for kicks. When the girl rang me up she laughed and said the game was only $2.00. Although the game does not provide all the adjustments of the earlier games it IS fun. In fact I'm going to get some laps right now.

Ratbag just got bought out by another company. Hopefully, they will give them some revenue to build new dirt track racing games. Otherwise, this may be the last one we see for a loang time.

Midget#9

Midget#9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
I bought the game when it first came out. I think it is awesome. The set up changes work as well as they do in most games. The only two things I do not like about the game are:

1. Get rid of the fantasy tracks and put in other popular tracks in their place. Come on, a midget racing game with to Angell Park Speedway???

2. You cannot turn any RPM's. Those motors are not turning anywhere close to the correct RPM's. As soon as you gear it the thing lets go.

I think it's worth it though. How often do you find midget anything? Lets hope for an improved Saturday Night Speedway II.

Click here to visit us on Facebook

Midget2154

Midget2154

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
The game came out in late 2004 --- Ratbag was bought out by Atari. Atari responded to me stating that they DO intend on producing more dirt track racing type games!!!!

The game is still on their Web site (PS2 and PC), and I've seen it Best Buy and Wal-Mart for $14.99. I bought mine used for like $6.

The game has its flaws, i.e., Midgets racing on road courses and figure 8's ...

However, I'm sure Ratbag "dumbed up" the game for the casual gamer ... I doubt many gamers rush to the shelves to buy a Midget racing game ... I mean, have you ever seen a Midget with a manual 5-speed tranny racing on an icy road course???? LOL I'm sure these little weird things are just to dumb the game down for non-racing enthusiasts --- Most casual gamers like a game they can easily conquer/control --- Try playing in the PRO level w/ a vibration wheel, damage on, yellow flags on, and you're in for a pretty darn realistic Midget race!

The game has a lot of things that are unrealistic (like thr rpms, no blowing up, hardly any crashes, etc.), but that's expected. The company wants this game to sell to masses. I'm happy just to see Midgets gracing a video game!!!

Why pick up all the negative points, be happy with what the game is --- FUN!!!

I suggest everyone write Atari/Ratbag and suggest they create an Open-wheel racing game!!! Perhaps they can do a game featuring Dwarfs, Midgets and WoO Sprint Cars???? They really need to get someone like Stewart, Kahne, Gordon, Blaney, Newman, etc. to help market the open-wheel games.

I agree, Angell Park should be on the game --- as shoulds some pavement tracks too ... Heck, they could bring back Ascot, Baylands, and other awesome tracks in some kinda legends races or something ...

I wrote Atari/Ratbag and got a reply already. They do listen to consumers --- Perhaps if they hear enough interest, they will, in fact produce an even better Midget game!!!!

.jp.

.jp.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I agree this is a great game that has some minor defects but over all a fun game. For you guys that don't have the game here is a clip of me qualifying on board its not my best time trial but still fun to show ya. Good luck to all of the drivers this sunday night at stockton99 should be a good one GO #47

qualifying
user posted image

fan of the Fox

fan of the Fox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Hey Midget2154. How do we contact Atari about this? I looked on their website but didn't find a way to write them. I'll send two letters every day if I have to. (I have watched The Shawshank Redemption to many times. biggrin.gif )

Baue

Baue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
Was that Bloomington you were qualifying at?

.jp.

.jp.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No that was Silver dollar

user posted image

Midget2154

Midget2154

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
Ok, here you go --- Atari contacts (I cc'd all of these in a letter, lol I sent out about 20 letters, haha --- hey, if just that one person gets the right idea!!!)

North America
Headquarters
Atari, Inc.
417 Fifth Ave.
New York, NY 10016
North America
Tel: +1 212-726-6500

Technical/Customer Support
Online: http://www.ina-support.com/

us.ir@atari.com
Tel: +1 212-726-6500

Atari, Inc. (Humongous Entertainment)
3835 Monte Villa Parkway
Bothell, WA 98021
North America
Tel: +1 425-486-9258

Atari, Inc.
613 Tasman Drive
Suite B
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
North America
Tel: +1 408-212-7800

These are the North America contacts ... Perhaps some fellow Australian Midget fans would like to write as well:

International Headquarters
Infogrames Entertainment
1 Place Verrazzano
69252 Lyon Cedex 09
France
Tel: +33 (0)4 37 64 30 00
Fax: +33 (0)4 37 64 30 01

Australia and Asia Pacific
Atari Asia Pacific
32 Bowden St
Alexandria
Australia, 2019
Tel: +61 (0) 2 8303 6800
Fax: +61 (0) 2 8303 6830

Atari Melbourne House
Level 11,
14 Queens Road,
Melbourne,
Australia, 3004

ALSO CHECK THIS OUT!!!!

http://www.ratbaggam...m/index_no.html

zeromotorsports

zeromotorsports

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
this game rocks, me and my son have played it non stop, i think they did a good job, any one have any cheat codes, besides the MUDEATER one?

SpeedRacer

SpeedRacer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
If you guys like playing the Sprint cars on Playstation and on the Computer you will probably love these new R/C Sprint cars. They are 1/2 scale Radio controlled Winged Sprint cars. www.mpminc.net/sprint_car

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users