Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gasoline in methanol bladder?

fuel cell bladder gas

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

supermod2

supermod2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I planned to run gasoline and carburetors on a vintage midget for ease, but am being told by the FuelSafe people not to put gas in a pre-2012 bladder. Has anyone had this issue and how did you deal with it? Short of a new $1000  bladder. My tail is a tank/bladder combo & I don't really want to cut it up. I'm thinking I could find an old Edmunds type tail shell and run a small self contained fuel cell under it. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.......

bzneil

bzneil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

The regular fuel cell under the fiberglass tail is what most of us vintage guys run.  5-8 gallons is all you need for a vintage run.  I run a FoZ mini sprint tank under a shell in my 60's chevy II edmunds copy.

supermod2

supermod2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thanks bzneil. That is what I did on my vintage champ car, but used a Jaz type fuel cell. Now I just need to find a fiberglass shell. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users