Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Roger West

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Top Row Jim

Top Row Jim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
I recently noticed the name Roger West from Joliet Illinois in an old midget ;program from 1968. I found him in a few midget books and see that he was 1967 UARA champion. There wasn't a lot of information on him. Does any one have some info or stories on him? Jim
Midget racing is big time entertainment.

nerfbar2

nerfbar2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
Roger West drove for my dad, Bob Corson. He started driving for dad mid-season 1966 and 1967 and was UARA Champion. In 1968 Roger went to USAC to race and the only thing I can remember is that he drove the #15 Pizza Hut car I believe from St. Louis.

Ron Clemens Sr.

Ron Clemens Sr.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
QUOTE(Top Row Jim @ Feb 19 2010, 11:44 PM) View Post

I recently noticed the name Roger West from Joliet Illinois in an old midget ;program from 1968. I found him in a few midget books and see that he was 1967 UARA champion. There wasn't a lot of information on him. Does any one have some info or stories on him? Jim

Roger is still around Joliet. He was at the LAST STAND RACE AT THE STADIUM he stood beside me for the old drivers picture and was looking very much like Roger should look at 86 LOL It's a joke Roger, Roger has competed in many differant series and did very well in all Silver Crown, Sprints, Midgits, and oh yes INDY car attemps, Very good driver and all around good guy.

Jeffrey west

Jeffrey west

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Jeffrey west

Jeffrey west

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I'm one of rogers sons,my wife and I are down here in Naples Florida, sitting with roger, looking at pictures and listening to his stories, we love it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users