Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

INDYSIX's Content

There have been 3 items by INDYSIX (Search limited from 21-November 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#70854 Focus/Kenyon race at Anderson?

Posted by INDYSIX on 23 July 2009 - 01:22 PM in MidgetMadness Forum

Agree totally.
Someone mentioned that it may have to do with the contract USAC has with FORD? Maybe there is something in there that prohibits other classes running with them in a FOCUS series event?

Tough spot for the promoter (Don)- Keep the sanction and run small classes to the dismay of the crowd or lose the sanction and provide a good show for the paying fans..... Kudo's and thanks to Don for putting on the good show.

#70816 Focus/Kenyon race at Anderson?

Posted by INDYSIX on 22 July 2009 - 06:42 AM in MidgetMadness Forum

QUOTE(Rick Young @ Jul 21 2009, 06:19 PM) View Post

I just saw that "due to a special race format" USAC is no longer the sanction for tomorrow nights race at Anderson Speedway.

Can somebody fill me on on what the special format is?

Thanks

Kenyon Cars and Focus Cars running together. USAC says they can't insure the program if they run together.

#69592 Larry Rice

Posted by INDYSIX on 18 May 2009 - 07:05 AM in MidgetMadness Forum

REPOST FROM ANOTHER SITE: sad.gif

"This is Larry's son Robbie.

I am sorry for taking so long to let the racing community know about my dad's health. He is very private man and wanted none of his friends to worry about him. He was diagnosed with cancer at the base of the tongue in early2000. Went through surgeries, radiation and chemo to treat it and it was very successful. On a routine check up on that bout with cancer he complained of a cough and tests were run. Then it was determined that the cancer had spread to his lungs. (May 05) Since then he has taken more chemo and radiation than most could fathom. They told him then he had 6 months maybe a couple of years with the medicines that were available. Last week he hit the 4 year mark. So from him, he wants people to know that anything is possible. There is nothing more in this world besides his family that he loves more than autoracing. Whether it was the 500 in May, the champ cars at the mile or a sprint show at Terre Haute. He has made a lot of great friends there is no doubt about that. He told Bob Higman yesterday "I wouldnt change one ###### thing."

Right now he is resting here at the hospital and we are trying to get his oxygen and breathing stabilizied so we can get him back home. We are hoping that can happen by weeks end. When that does happen the family would love for his friends to come see him to tell some stories (probably lies) about the good ole days and even have a beer. Untill then we ask for some privacy here at the hospital. If you have my number dont hesitate to call, I am doing my best to get back to everyone, it may take an hour or so but I promise to get back with all of you at some point. When we get more things confirmed and figured out I will post here. Since this post is from the family feel free to repost on other websites as you feel appropriate.

Thank you for your thougths from the entire Rice Family "