Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mike Minarik Titanium Midget

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

DHolbrook

DHolbrook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
After 5 years of research and developing, Midget Car Owner Mike Minarik of Denver, Colorado is in the process of building the first and only Titanium Midget.

The plans are to have the car ready for the 2012 Chili Bowl Midget Nationals, with PJ Jones as driver.

Throughout the weeks leading up to the Chili Bowl, I'll be releasing photo's on the process.

The chassis weights between 70-75 pounds.

If you have any questions about the Titanium Midget Ti-1, please feel to contact me through here or email me at freebird_motorsports@comcast and I'll relay the message to Mike.

Thanks,

Don Holbrook
Freebird Motorsports Marketing
www.freebirdmotorsports.smugmug.com

Attached Files

larryo

larryo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1419 posts
Thankyou for sharing the pictures.

In picture 7 and 9 just ahead of the motor plate is a strange contraption that looks like a mid-cage/truss assy/ panhard rod assembly, possible to transfers forces incurred by the twisting of the frame???? Or is it just a jig to support the frame during manufacture or something else.

I'm kind of curious if they use titanium front springs that are readily available?

Will build a titanium tank?

And of course would it be out of the question to machine a titanium block?

If someone has went this far that answer is probably...duh of course you idiot...lol!

Sincerely,

Larry O and I hope everybody has fun at this years Chillibowl.

p8ntman442

p8ntman442

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
that would be a significant chunk of billet TI to machine a block. Also, in the end, it may outweigh a comparable AL block. The TI block could be thinner in most areas due to its strenght, but sooner or later you have to have threaded holes in something.

Hooligan29

Hooligan29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts
This is the stuff that gets my juices flowing about this time every year. Outboards, V-8s, ski instead of a left front wheel; there is always something to watch.............even before you start watching.
"It's NeverToo Late To Have A Happy Childhood"

Hooligan29

Hooligan29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts
Pre-Registration Deadline has come and gone. Still no Ti Midget or PJ Jones entry.

Is this still on for 2012?

Hooligan29

Hooligan29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts
One week prior to the Chili Bowl and this car is not entered. Also th listed driver, PJ Jones, is listed driving a traditional midget. I emailed the contact, but ......... No Reply.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users