Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Driver winning at Pontiac Silverdome 1980

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Stealth87

Stealth87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
Who won the race at the Pontiac Silverdome in 1980? Dirt was frozen outside so it became a pavement show.

Bonus - Who hot lapped the car? Driver was unable to make it there in time for hot laps
Real race cars dont have doors

jwracer14

jwracer14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
The first race was Dec. 6, 1980 and it was run on the dirt. The second race was Jan. 30, 1982 and was supposed to be dirt but ended up being pavement. Dave Wunrow was the winner.

Dennis Johansen

Dennis Johansen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
QUOTE(jwracer14 @ Jan 18 2010, 09:16 AM) View Post

The first race was Dec. 6, 1980 and it was run on the dirt. The second race was Jan. 30, 1982 and was supposed to be dirt but ended up being pavement. Dave Wunrow was the winner.

You re correct. It was run on dirt. Dec. 6, 1980.....broke my shoulder, flipped down the front straightaway end over end....knocked me out dont even rememeber the trip back there from Calif. Thought that was in 85...but it was 1980 the first one. Drove an orabge car out of NJ think it was #17...knocked the crap outta me almost got it in the grandstands it was a n LTC paralell 4 bar car loved parelelell bARS ON DIRT .

Dennis Johansen

Dennis Johansen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
QUOTE(jwracer14 @ Jan 18 2010, 09:16 AM) View Post

You re correct. It was run on dirt. Dec. 6, 1980.....broke my shoulder, flipped down the front straightaway end over end....knocked me out dont even rememeber the trip back there from Calif. Thought that was in 85...but it was 1980 the first one. Drove an orabge car out of NJ think it was #17...knocked the crap outta me almost got it in the grandstands it was a n LTC paralell 4 bar car loved parelelell bARS ON DIRT .

BFB

BFB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
I remember that weekend well. I was a young guy at the time. Got to meet, hang and party with my hero Jimmy Oskie. Met a lot of great people that weekend...learned a lot too!

RapidRoy

RapidRoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
QUOTE(BFB @ Feb 22 2010, 11:38 PM) View Post

I remember that weekend well. I was a young guy at the time. Got to meet, hang and party with my hero Jimmy Oskie. Met a lot of great people that weekend...learned a lot too!

[size rolleyes.gif =3]Yes Billy We all Learned a lot AND had Alot of fun.

Stafford23

Stafford23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Missouri's Gene Gennetten won the 1980 Silverdome midget race on a dirt surface. The race paid a whopping $50,000 purse. Steve and Kelly Kinser were among the entrants.

John P Huss

John P Huss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1402 posts
Remember that Dave Wunrow won!!
Best Regards,
John

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users