Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help Indentify This Hood

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Texasracinfireman

Texasracinfireman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

We are getting ready to start a complete restoration on this Stanton midget. Can anyone indetify what kind of hood is on this car. It doesn't seem to be a Stanton, but is the original. It has been changed to something else. Thanks for any help.

Attached Files

Mitch G

Mitch G

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Texas,

I believe that is a Stanton hood, seems I saw this very car in a early "Circle Track", or "Open Wheel" magazine, featuring the "New" Gary Stanton built midget, and it came with this hood.  Later the Stanton had the "mini sprint car" hood with the air box molded into it.  In 1979 Ron Shuman won the "Turkey Nite Grand Prix" at Ascot in Larry Howard's brand new Stanton "Fidget" as they nicknamed it, and it had this style hood on it.  I'm trying to find either the magazine article, or some other photo's for reference.

Mitch G

Mitch G

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Here's a shot from the 1979-80 Ascot yearbook, hard to tell, but looks the same.

Attached Files

Texasracinfireman

Texasracinfireman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Mitch,

That helps a BUNCH! Thanks for the info. if anyone knows who might still have a mold for this type hood, please let me know. The car currently has the other hood you're speaking of.

speedymatt77

speedymatt77

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Yes that is a 1979 or 1980 Stanton midget..that was Smiley Sittons Car Ken Schrader and Bill Thrasher used to drive...

zerohunger

zerohunger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
Looks a lot like the hood on my 1980 Edmunds-VW; which I know is an original Edmunds sourced piece.

speedymatt77

speedymatt77

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Fireman,

Call Dave Ellis... 602-278-0450. If there is anybody who will have one of those hoods it will be Dave. He has alot of old Stanton stuff since he basically took over all of the midget stuff way back when...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users