Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Heydenreich

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

pokieokie

pokieokie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
Has anybody heard an update on Johnny Heydenreich's condition? I know he was badly busted up and expecting numerous surgeries after his auto accident, but I've never heard any follow-up. Anybody?

bwatson

bwatson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
January 9th
Linda Mansfield
Just got off the phone with John Heydenreich. The big (estimated to take 6 hours) surgery on his ankle is slated for tomorrow (Tuesday, Jan. 10) at 9 a.m. at the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan. His surgeon is one of the leaders in this type of surgery, Dr. S. Robert Rozbruch. John will be in the hospital for a couple days after the surgery and then he'll continue to recuperate in Conn. The surgery will include some sort of gyroscope-like thing that has rings that can be tightened and loosened as the bones heal. Some of John's own bone marrow from other parts of his body will also be inserted into his ankle to aid in the healing. It's all very complex, but Dr. Rozbruch is extremely well respected and a leader in developing procedures to fix injuries like this. John wanted me to be sure to thank everybody for the cards and letters he's been getting, and he also thanks everyone for their well-wishes and prayers. He said he's been overwhelmed with how nice everyone has been, and he's very thankful to all of you. So please say a prayer that tomorrow's surgery goes well and there are no complications and/or infections. If you are able to send him a card or a note here's the address again: John Heydenreich, c/o Kim Hendricks, 137 Proprietors Crossing, New Canaan, Conn. 06840. Thank you!

January 12th
Linda Mansfield
Spoke to John this afternoon (Thursday the 12th). He said they have him on pain medicine and he's actually feeling pretty good. He is extremely grateful that the surgery went well. He said the first thing he did when he came to was check to see if he still had his foot, which he did. :) They didn't have to remove the plate in his ankle that was inserted in an earlier operation either, which should give some support to the bones as they heal. The big thing now is to not have any infection and to heal up. Thanks for all your care and concern, for sure! (P.S.: He was with it enough that he could tell me the top three at the Chili Bowl last night!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users