Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

#24 Tomshe Offy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Speedway Royale

Speedway Royale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

G'Day from Australia.

Can anyone please provide some background information and history on the car in the attachment.

Kindest regards, Speedway Royale. 

Attached Files

zerohunger

zerohunger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Fred Tomshe was a Milwaukee Wisconsin USA based racer. He built cars and components from before WWII until the late 1960s [at least]. You'll find his name cast into hubs, wheels, rear end housings, and firewall mounted quick change gearboxes. He was a friend of carbuilders Harry Turner and Otto Hamburger.

I'd like to learn more about Fred Tomshe. My friend Gregg Kishline met him once at Harry Turner's shop in the late 1950s. Perhaps the Internet will tell us more.

Chuck Schultz

Winfield, Illinois

TimPeters

TimPeters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Here is a picture of my dad, Kelly Peters in the Fred Tomshe #24.  I would really like to find out who has the restored car so I can send them a copy of the picture I have.

While I don't know for sure, others think the picture was taken in the Fort Wayne Coliseum, around 1953.

Attached File  IMG.jpg   95.77KB   5 downloads

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users