Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Don Vogler, Joliet Memorial Stadium vid

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Stefano DiMera

Stefano DiMera

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
Part of the Al Gillis Archives (ie. old 8mm stuff his old man filmed). More to come when I better figure out this video editing nonsense.

dwcremax

dwcremax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Nice stuff, Stefano!!!
Dwight Clock

Former Racer

Former Racer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Video is actually of Don Voglers car with Willy Wilson driving about 1962. This is the same car that Tom Bigelow won the NASCAR sanctioned winner take all race at the conclusion of speed week at the Daytona Beach Coliseum February 1966.
Al Gillis

usac midget

usac midget

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
awesome video Al,

brings back alot of memories that I just barely can remember, I was very young when they last raced there.

zipperhead

zipperhead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

awesome video Al,brings back alot of memories that I just barely can remember, I was very young when they last raced there.

That video was awesome. Spent many Saturdays there with my Dad and cousins watching these races 1958-1965.

DocF

DocF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

The first time I saw Don Vogler race was at Owosso, Michigan in a Rocky Fisher (Stanley Nawrocki) promoted show.  Don got in to a bit of a hassle with Russ Jacobson and Russ and Jake came over to discuss things with the much smaller "outsider".  Don stood his ground and backed down the Jacobsons.  He became one of my heroes that afternoon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users