Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vintage Subjects

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

dwcremax

dwcremax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
With 670 members I can't believe that I'm the only old f--t out here! Let's kick out some vintage subjects to discuss. unsure.gif
Dwight Clock

Last Lap

Last Lap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Mr dwcremax
your not the only old f$% out there. Mr Finley is in there--- Stroud 21's contact is one. I'm not ,I just read alot. I think your from the east correct???????? I can come up witha question if I know where your from?

dwcremax

dwcremax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Last Lap - I am from Long Island, a 120 mile long isle that runs east from New York City to Montauk Point. Islip Speedway, Freeport Stadium, and Riverhead Raceway were/are our most famous tracks. tongue.gif
Dwight Clock

mike finley

mike finley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
Last Lap you have really hurt my feelings ......I was operating under the premis that I was a young guy that had a lot of exposure, but you are probably right, at my advanced age I probably do qualify as an OLD F@#& and dwcremax Im up for almost anything that involves "THE OLDEN DAYS" of midget racing..There are a lot of us on here most are just not as verbal as I am, except for Racer35K and MsRacer35K and Knepper and Jack Calabrase and well you get the idea...Just throw something out there and if one of us doesnt know the answer Im sure we will make something up that sounds good..HE HE HE ..... blink.gif tongue.gif wink.gif wink.gif

dwcremax

dwcremax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Who was the last driver to win an ARDC midget championship and go on to record USAC divisional championships? dry.gif
Dwight Clock

Last Lap

Last Lap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
I started to ask "WHAT" divisional championship??? Then I sat back and said "LAST LAP" who would that be???????????????????????????????????????????????????
Non other than "Pancho" Carter

Last Lap

Last Lap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Mr dwcremax I hate to say it but I think I'm wrong. I'll have to think on it????????? I don't think "Pancho" was a ARDC Champ?? If I get up at 3am thinking about this?????????????

dwcremax

dwcremax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Last Lap, I am sorry if you got up at 3 a.m. thinking about this, but Pancho Carter never won an ARDC title. You are in the right era, though! biggrin.gif
Dwight Clock

Last Lap

Last Lap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Boy the only one I can come up with is Dutch Schaefer???

tsiner

tsiner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
I'm going to say Mario Andretti..

dwcremax

dwcremax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Andretti never won an ARDC championship and Schaeffer never competed for a USAC title. Big clue - this driver was part of a "show" in USAC. rolleyes.gif
Dwight Clock

Last Lap

Last Lap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
It cannot be Larry Dickson {The Gary -Larry Show}
because He didn't win the ARDC Championship??????????

dwcremax

dwcremax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Yes he did, in 1965.
Dwight Clock

Last Lap

Last Lap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
I'm not from the east but the Official Championship Midget Record Book list Dutch Schaefer as the 1965 Champion??????????? Got me on that one. I'll come up with a new one soon.

knepper

knepper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Mike--either you or your smilies have been imbibing I think. And did you see who popped into the "oldies" thread--tsiner. Now I ask you, is nothing sacred? Wanda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users