Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Women In Racing Trivia ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Marty Boyer

Marty Boyer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11793 posts
What is the best finish for a female midget driver in a feature race (Preliminary or Championship) at the Belleville Midget Nationals ??

Also Who is this driver ??

RaceChick

RaceChick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
:blink: If it was Sarah McCune at the 2000 Belleville Nationals she finished 20th. I think she is the only woman to ever make a feature.

Marty Boyer

Marty Boyer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11793 posts
Sarah McCune was the only female to qualify for the Championship Feature
in 2000 , and she did finish in the 20th spot ,
BUT there has been a female driver that has finished in a higher position in a Preliminary Feature at the Belleville Midget Nationals.

HINT - ( This took place in the 1986 Belleville Nationals)

Don Holbrook

Don Holbrook

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Marty, Could it been Jeri Rice out of Arizona?????

Marty Boyer

Marty Boyer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11793 posts
No its not Jeri Rice , but you have the state correct , this female midget driver is from Arizona.

Another Hint ( She drove the #71 Larry Howard midget that year , when she had this great finish in a Friday Preliminary)

911race

911race

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Denise Bennett

Marty Boyer

Marty Boyer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11793 posts
Denise Bennett is Correct !!

The 1986 Belleville Midget Nationals on the Friday preliminary feature , Denise Bennett driving the Larry Howard #71 midget finished 5th after starting the feature in the 24th spot.
Denise had engine problems on Saturday preventing her from making the Saturday Championship feature.

Denise Bennett has passed away after a long battle with Cancer in 2000.
I had the opportunity to meet her on several occasions and she was a very nice and sweet person, and she sure could drive a midget. R.I.P Denise...

bwegner

bwegner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Holbrook took my guess, but a Denise Bennet story poped into my head today. Back in the late 80's early 90's my dad took to bringing lampshades to the track for drivers to sign. At Belleville in 90 we were at the park on Wednesday evening getting autographs and came to a table with Denise and Jeff Gordon. Jeff quickley scrawled his name in typical race driver fashion, but Denise carfully signed her name in perfect script, which led Gordon to make a witty remark about him signing his name, while she "painted" hers.

A memory that came out of nowhere as I glanced at the lampshade, sitting next to the computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users