Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

In search of early 80s Carrera coil over shock so that we can recreate

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

bwatson

bwatson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I have a small but important race car shock restoration question.

As most of you are probably aware, in the early 80s Carrera made some decent chromed steel stocks that could be used as coil overs. The look of these did not change much over the years but it did change some. What I am in search of is a 1982 - 84 Chrome Carrera shock set up as a coil over. I do not need the springs - heck, I could even do without the shock itself - KEY to me is the coilover kit.

- the threaded sleeve
- nut
- upper spring seat

If you do have a shock that would be a bonus.

Now, I am not looking to purchase yours if you have one, I just need access to it, whether that be in person or to see some good photos and get some measurements from you. So I just need to find one example so that we can recreate them.

Now, if you have one or more and want to sell them - we are also interested in that as well.

My thinking is that someone out there must have at least one of these on a car or laying around somewhere.

We really need 1 so please ask around thanks!

To help you out I have attached some images:

1) A page from a 1984 Speedway catalog that shows what I am talking about.
2) Current pieces you can buy from QA1 (that bought Carrera in 2004). This is NOT the design we are in search of. The threads in 1983 were finer and the nut was of a different design.
3) A current assembled shock, again this is too new, we are looking for an earlier design.

I can be contacted at:

Brian Watson

brianwatson@watsonracingteam.com

Thank you.

Attached Files

bwatson

bwatson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
UPDATE: 1980s Carrera Coil Over Kit WANTED

A good friend of mine was able to find one!!! (Thanks Rusty)

Now - I just need to find 3 more kits (sleeve & nut).

The sleeve I.D. is 1 5/8"

They are chrome pated steel.

I am sending this out since I now have a good photo that you can pass along to your race buddies to see who has one or more of these laying around.

THE ONLY OTHER PART WE ARE IN SEARCH OF FOR THIS PROJECT - IS THE COVER FOR THE RIGHT REAR ADJUSTER - DO YOU HAVE AN EXTRA ONE OR CAN WE BORROW YOURS TO MAKE A COPY??? PHOTO OF THIS HAS ALSO BEEN ATTACHED.

Thanks!

Brian Watson

brianwatson@watsonracingteam.com

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users