Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

50 Greatest Midget Drivers.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Midget31

Midget31

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Who are the top 20 Midget car owners?

marafan2

marafan2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Jason I think you have to start with three people that started close to your home, Keith and Rusty Kunz, and Howard Lehman . Howard Linne, Steve Lewis,Walt Knepper to jump start your list.

larryo

larryo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1419 posts
biggrin.gif Oh boy what fun...LOL!

As always I need a little help here.

I got my information from the following link:

http://www.bmara.com/history.htm

How would you rate these 5 car owners?

1) Carl Marchese...first WRA President...1937-38

2) Mel Kenyon...(tractor powered engine, car number 61....1957

3) Bud Doty...1964

4) Don Vogler...1969 Chevy II

5) Doug Caruthers

6) Amos Jentz, Harley Davidson Rear Engine...1939 and
Bob Drestrka, Outboard Marine Rear Engine...1972

Larry "O" cool.gif

Gregg

Gregg

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Unless I missed it I didn't see multiple-time ARDC champ Johnny Coy Sr. He's a shoe in for the upper half of the top 50 midget drivers IMO.

Ad for car owners I will submit the Wilkie-Pak Team, Harry Turner and Johnny Pawl.

speedymatt77

speedymatt77

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
[b][i] Of all the great car owners...I think Larry Howard comes to mind the most for myself. He had some of the greatest drivers ever to shoe his machines. As far as the greatest drivers...one name I have failed to see was Ron Hughes Jr. He was an amazing driver...a true champion !!! He was fast and smooth wherever he went....from Texas to Illinois....parallized from a midget accident in 1984, he came back to win the Texas Outlaw Midget Auto Racing Association championship in 1987, 1988, and 1989 !!! Driving with hand controls !!!! And another notable driver is Randy Roberts....colorado's most winningest midget driver ever !!! Keep up the great work Marty !!!! I love reading these tid-bits of history.

duffy73

duffy73

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Greatest midget drivers I have ever seen ON DIRT
Kevin Olson , Kevin Doty, Tom Steiner, Sleepy Tripp ,Rich Vogler ,Lealand McSpadden and Ron Shuman!!!!!

Scally's #10

Scally's #10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
QUOTE(mike finley @ Jan 24 2005, 10:56 AM) View Post

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif The Ford family was involved in midgets for 3 generations. Virgil Ford then brothers Tom and Phil Ford. then Phils 2 sons...Art, if you look in the 25 year book it lists all the champions and the years they won, I think your Dad was Champion at least 3 times.........

Scally's #10

Scally's #10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello, I'm new here and I really like it. My Father was Lou Scally and I have some scrap books my mom kept throughout his career. 1930's to 50's. I believe he might make the list. I'll be back with more information after I look through my books. They are oh so fragile so it may take a bit. I like to know what I'm talking about. Thanks for letting me rattle!

tb7118

tb7118

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted Image I was wondering if Marty or somebody else has a list of the 50
greatest midget drivers. They can be from a different country too.
With a few stats, wins, championships.

I started to come up with a list who I thought would be considered great,
but I know somebody else already has it.
hi i think you should include tony bonadies winning in all types of cars and the first vp of ardc and held till 1964
1) Kevin Olson

2) Rich Vogler

3) Mel Kenyon

4) Sleepy Tripp

5) Bob East

6) Tony Stewart

7) JJ Yeley

8) Tracey Hines

9) Dave Darland

10) Shorty Templeton

11) Jason Leffler

12) AJ Foyt

13) Ron Shuman

14) Jeff Gordon

15 Stan Fox

Thanks in advance,

Larry "O"

Attached Files

YankeeRacer

YankeeRacer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Any thoughts on some New England drivers - Dave Humphrey, Joe Sostillio?

55FAN

55FAN

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Anybody else think that Bryan Clauson would be at or near the top of their list now?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users