Welcome to MidgetMadness.com - The Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How to mount a starter on my V8-60 Midget

in out box starter

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

thelukester1

thelukester1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi everyone....very new to this...just picked up a 1940's midget with a V8-60. I would like to start the car without bumping it and going 40 mph down the street so I can tune the motor at a stand still. I have heard of in out boxes with starters mounted to them.....or is there another way??? Attached File  Midget hood 001.JPG   250.25KB   5 downloads

michael225q

michael225q

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Some guys have mounted a starter to the rear end driving the quick change ( the ones I've seen were for a Halibrand ) also lots of guys have installed a short 6 spline hub to the front and stick a drive shaft in through the grill (may require a hole in the radiator) then a little bracket against the bumper. you only need a little imagination. All of the starters mounted in the cockpit were attached to a clutch like TCR and Tilton they take the place of the in and out box

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users